Lots of people are sharing their resolutions on their blogs, which is a great thing and I love reading them, but just in case everyone’s resolutions are either spreading you a little thin in the blogosphere, I intend to keep mine short and sweet.
Yes, I make resolutions/goals at the start of the year. They act as my compass throughout the fleeting twelve months. I make two sets: three personal and three professional. This year, I’m adding another set for my writing (poetry) as well as my blog and they seem to go hand-in-hand.
For my writing:
- Bring it into FULL focus. Attend a writing workshop in May. Take another online class at some point. Keep researching MFA programs and possibilities. Keep connecting with other writers and continue building my writing community.
- Dedicate one hour to writing and one to reading each day. #52poetry will live on in 2012 and I’m adding one novel per month to the mix.
- Strengthen my blog, which leads us to…
For my blog:
- Blog three times each week. Sundays will be dedicated to a poem for the week along with various reading and writing notes/resources. Tuesdays will be for talking/learning/exploring craft and I will continue to sprinkle in bits of Jack Myers’ The Portable Poetry Workshop. Thursday posts will be a tad more personal in nature and will include advice from Grandma/lunch with Grandma and will bring back lunch observations.
- Increase readership of other blogs and engage more in conversation. I’ve found a good handful of blogs I enjoy reading for diverse reasons, but they are all central to writing or poetry in some form or another. I want to keep building upon this community and with you.
- This is still up in the air but the wheels in my head are still turning about including a video reading once a month from a fellow poet/writer if they are willing. I’ve met some incredibly talented people and want to share the writing that inspires/moves me with the rest of you. (Fingers crossed.)